Thursday, August 7, 2008

blugh

so each day it gets harder to wake up after the 3hr nap. i hear the alarm and get out of bed and then its an epic struggle to keep my eyes open. i thought 3 hours was my ideal core period, as it seems that i was occasionally waking up after that amount of time anyway. but maybe i should extend the core period? or maybe its more important to just try to stay consistent at this point? i remember reading some polyphasic advice to the effect of "let your body sleep when it's naturally inclined to"... well, my hardest time is during the daytime (morning/early afternoon), whereas i tend to perk up a lot at night. i've always been more of a night person i guess. so maybe i should move the core to sometime in the morning and have the whole nighttime for wakefulness and get to watch the sunrise every morning. i badly want to cheat and try this switch-to-morning-core thing out now after having a differet name with tat you............ ???? those past few words were written while nodding off. it's strange that the sleepdep is evidently THAT bad, as after i manage to pass through the initial morning issue and some occasional early day nodding off, i've been feeling totally fine and occasionally quite good. hmm.

i woke up soooo sweaty. how is it possible to be this hot and humid at 6am.

i guess for now i'll stick to the schedule i'd laid out for myself, possibly adding an extra nap this morning and possibly extending sleep tonight to 4 hours. i'm slightly concerned as i have work tomorrow and i dont want to do anything embarrassing or incriminating...

now its off to the shower room.

2 comments:

Boréale said...

Hi ! :-)
Althought I have a tiny experience (I'm now in the 13th day of my first attempt, on the Everyman schedule), maybe it could be interesting for you.
Last days, it was incredibly difficult for me to wake up after the core nap, as it seems to be for you. I looked for a solution and reminded me that my sleep cycles, as I defined them years ago, were more 1h35 than 1h30.
So, I decided to extend the core nap from 3h to 3h10.
Last night was my first one with this adjustment -maybe a little early to give you a strong advice-, but it really changed my day ! I felt refreshed after the core nap, and felt no real tiredness today.
Maybe a good idea for you ? :-)

By the way, if ever you speak french and feel like reading/watching my experience, here's my blog : http://lafabriquedesidees.over-blog.com/

;-)

olenkattack said...

thanks lucia, i'll give it a try. i wish i spoke french... i studied it once and have been wanting to get back into it. maybe i'll reteach myself by reading your blog.