Friday, August 15, 2008

the little engine that couldnt stop fucking up

on the 12th somehow i slept through the alarm or turned it off, i have no idea. and i slept for a total of 8. this is especially depressing, i was really hoping to eradicate that awful number forever, i thought i had at least conquered the 8, but apparently it's still somewhat legit.

i abandoned the schedule for that night, as i had a day-long obligation from early in the morning on the next day. upon returning from said event, though, i resumed the schedule, and have been also setting my cell phone on extra loud as an emergency alarm. my core nap has become 4:00-7:15, with naps somewhere around/between 10-12, 4-7, and 10-12. since my core wakes me up at a fairly normal time, i don't feel so bad about possibly terrorizing the other dorm residents with blasting noises.

my failures are discouraging but the amount i've been getting done when i push through is gratifying enough to make me want to stick with it, at least for the remainder of the summer, and even after that i'll at least try to cut sleeping down to 6 hours or so, if everyman is still giving me problems. its nicer this way. extra life + naps = now integral to my wellbeing.

i don't think anybody is actually reading this... and even if you are there are 400 other more informative and successful sleep experiment chronicles going on instead, so... i think i'll abandon this little sublog, unless something incredible happens. in the meantime if you want to know how it's going, let me know and i'll give you your very own personal update.

sayonara.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am readinggggg

Anonymous said...

im reading too but its probably better that you keep only one blog instead of two.